reminders | e.k. (via exoticwild)
1. When someone tells you that you should go to bed, they’re probably right. You’ll regret not listening in the morning.
2. No one ever got anywhere without a little work. You want to be a writer? Write. You want to be a musician? Practice. It’s going to be hard and it’s going to take long hours and you’re going to miss that one party but if it’s what you love, it’s always worth it.
3. It’s really easy to get caught up in everything. It’s really easy to forget who was there at the beginning. You’ll feel it happening and you’ll want to ignore it, but darling, don’t you dare. Don’t pull away. Remember where you came from.
4. Everything is easier in the summer. Everything.
5. You have to put yourself first. Stop doing things simply for the sake of doing them - do things because you want to and do things because they make you want to smile and never stop.
6. Spend time with your family. They put up with you through your seventh grade troublemaker phase and if that’s not love, I don’t know what is.
7. Give yourself time. Stop shoving your feelings aside. It’s okay to be sad. It’s okay to sleep until three in the afternoon and then cry because you wasted your day. If no one’s ever told you before, I’m telling you now: your feelings are valid.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.Buddha (via kushandwizdom)
Grief can be a burden, but also an anchor. You get used to the weight, how it holds you in place.Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever (via quotes-shape-us)
I want someone to look at me and say something likeFor you. (via blindlywefall)
“I am madly in love with you. I can’t imagine my life without your smart ass comments and horrible baking. It’s completely unbelievable that you are mine and the satisfaction of those three words coming from my lips is pure bliss. You’re the most incredible thing I’ve ever laid my eyes on. God’s best creation. Nothing about you is imperfect, not the mole on your neck or your crooked nose. You are what makes this world beautiful. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to see your precious smile. I want nothing more than to love you, protect you and treasure you and that is the absolute perfect occupation for me forever. I want to keep you as long as you want to stay and I pray that even if you leave something brings you back to me because this life isn’t worth living if I can’t wake up every morning to your God forsaken smile. You are my center of balance, my joy, my reason, and my hope. My love for you is unconditional and infinite because it’s the only thing that matters. I admire the person you are and love isn’t a strong enough word to describe my utter infatuation for you and every little thing you do. You have my heart gripped so tightly that it’s molded to your hand and no one will ever have me the way you do. And I pray to everything holy that you never let it go. If you only love me a portion of what I love you, it’s more than enough. I don’t deserve it anyway. Just know that I cherish it and you like you’re something of ancient history and I will never love anyone or anything the way I love you. I’m hopelessly in love with you and I won’t stop until you feel the same.”
I don’t think that’d be so hard… Because that’s exactly what I’d say to you.